Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden

Osama bin Laden's death has brought up so many different subjects that past few days. Sometimes, I'm not sure what to think. Should we be rejoicing or not? I am really struggling with that. Was there rejoicing when St. Michael the Archangel defeated Lucifer and thrust him into Hell? I think that if I knew that answer, I would know how I should feel about this. I would imagine that it was an exaggerated feeling of "bitter-sweet". It is "sweet" per se because the enemy was defeated. It was "bitter" because it appears that God has lost another soul that He loved as much as you and I. I feel robbed that I didn't get a chance to see Osama brought to justice. There was much gratification when Suddham Hussein was arrested and tried and found guilty. Both of them in prison for a lifetime would have brought me greater satisfaction. If the two of them were to have died a natural death, they both would have been gifted their entire life to repent and come into full communion with God. I know, I know, it sounds impossible. But, there is nothing impossible with God.
I can not tell you for sure that they should not have been executed. My Catholic faith tells me in the Catechism of the Catholic Church #2267 that "the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty, if this is the only possible way of effectively defending human lives against the unjust aggressor." I'm just a little ole housewife in the heart of America. Who am I to say that these two men's death has and will prevent the death of other human lives more so then if they were in prison? I have no idea. All I know is that I am saddened by their actions. I'm saddened by their deaths. I'm saddened that God most likely lost 2 more souls to Satan.  I am, however, feeling star struck by the Special Forces that took these cowardly men out. They did it with anonymity. We will never know who they are because they joined this division specifically to protect little ole me and little ole you. They did it with patience, clarity and stealth. I am so proud of them. I like to dream that one of them was a good Catholic that thought up the idea to take out Osama on Divine Mercy Sunday just to give him a chance. But, I'm just a dreamer. I will never know. Thank you whoever you are!
So you can see that I'm a little torn. On the one hand, I want to see justice here on Earth by the people he has pained. On the other hand, I'm thanking our soldiers for a job well done. Well? I guess I covered all the bases then? I'll just take 2 different sides. lol. I'll tell you one thing. I don't think St. Michael and his possy rejoiced over Lucifers suffering or mocked him so I won't be doing that either. I despise seeing pictures of their dead and broken bodies. I know people are rejoicing when they see those pictures which takes greater issue with me then just the grotesque image. I pray that we all can pray for peace and justice and especially for the repentance of our souls and the souls of our enemies.
I was watching the news yesterday where many American-Muslims were being interviewed. I kept hearing them say things like, "We finally got him, we can get out of there now..." and "Its nice to have closure". I was yelling at the TV! One man? Really? We got ONE man so now were all safe from terrorism? I was angry that those interviews made it on the news in the first place. How naive! President George Bush told us all on September 21st, 2001 that this was going to be a long fight against terrorism . There was plenty of agreement, cheering and support going on then but we have since lost our will to fight the good fight. The fight that protects my freedom to go to my church up the street day after day if I want.  And protects my freedom to homeschool and protest and pray at Planned Parenthood and blog:) I am not privy to the sensitive information that only the President knows so I can't make the judgment about where our troops need to be. All I know is that if the terrorists are conspiring, I want our troops over there and not fighting in my front yard. Sounds reasonable right? I think even the Democrats and Republicans can agree on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment